With the success of our KLEI™ Epoxy putty, Ocello Enterprises, Inc., announces our newest product, KLEI™ Extreme Hide Paste. KLEI™ (pronounced CLAY) Extreme Hide Paste is an innovative adhesive, with many unique features unlike any other hide paste currently on the market.
Here are some of the features of this product.
1. A long shelf life due to specially designed high barrier packaging bags, that protect against the effects of oxygen, moisture, and light.
2. Eliminate the need to pay for shipping water in pre-mixes- “mix as needed” eliminating waste, dated product and poor product adhesive performance.
3. A unique blend of chemistry allows a tenacious bond to many different surfaces such as polyurethane foam, water based sculpting clay, steel, and plastic ear-liners.
4. A completely water- based product with NO VOC’s (volatile organic compounds)
5. An easy to mix of 7.5 ounces of water (R/O or distilled) to 1 lb of powder. A plastic measuring cup included for easy mixing. The low water demand allows the adhesive to penetrate into the leather of animal hides, due to our “osmotic driver”, creating a tenacious bond with an appropriate work time that allows the paste to dry slowly.
6. No worries about freeze-thaw stability, or loss of adhesion due to added cryoprotectants
7. Works on ALL commercially available tanning methods but is not compatible with borax preservatives.
8. A thixotropic white paste that dries white/off white that can be custom pigmented by the artist with the addition of small amounts of tempera or acrylic pastel powders
9. Cleans up with water and detergent in the uncured state or can be brushed out of hair in the dry state.
10. Available in 1 lb, 10 lb and 40 lb packaging and soon, 10 ounce caulk tubes.